Friday, February 27, 2009

Daisy Duck

   A little too often Daisy Duck will throw up her wing hands, purse swinging and face red, squawk-quacking  like all get out.  She's excitable.
   It isn't an attractive mannerism. It doesn't make her look smart or urbane or mysterious.  I wish I could (honestly) say that I do not resemble Daisy in the least.   If I had to go Disney, I would rather be Cinderella.  She's contained and forgiving.  Even mysteriously so.  She is beautiful.  Besides, she has all those good-seamstress little mouse friends.  
   Cinderella gets a very pretty dress and a fairy godmother and also the prince.  Daisy gets Donald,  purse and shoes always second in fanciness to Minnie's,  and a bad headache because of all that flapping commotion.
    Actually, I did get a prince.  My life should be perfect.  And it would be too, if I could just tone down my public squack-quacking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment